#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek 202019 May 2020, Posted by Community, In the news, Mental Health, Newport, Uncategorized, Wales in
This week sees the UK marking Mental Health awareness week (18th – 24th May 2020), and during these exceptional times, I felt the need to signpost towards just some of the organisations, charities and health care professionals working at the moment, helping those who need some support.
On social media, I’ve mentioned *a little* about my own struggles with mental health in recent years, the finer details of which I have no interest in discussing here. But, I am a strong believer that we learn from every situation we encounter, and that our experience should help others. Whether that is today, tomorrow or the next day… who knows?
There is no one-size-fits-all way to manage our mental health but you must believe there are people out there who want to help you. Especially now – when no one has asked for the challenges we are all going through, it’s totally fine to not be ok.
I empathise completely that it can be overwhelming to find the right person at the right time you need to talk to. I offer no answers, but instead hope to give you some places to start from which I wish I had had at the time.
I also want to thank everyone who helped me when I needed them most, and of course who unfailingly continue to do so.
Remember: You are not a bother. You are not wasting anyone’s time. You ARE their priority. We are the reason they are there in the first place.
Take care xxx
PLEASE NOTE: these links are in no way endorsed by the organisations they link to, and are shared altruistically not for personal gain.
- Mental Health Foundation – https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/mental-health-awareness-week
- MIND CYMRU – https://www.mind.org.uk/about-us/mind-cymru/
- MIND – https://www.mind.org.uk/
- SAMARITANS – https://www.samaritans.org
- NEWPORT MIND – https://www.newportmind.org/
- SUPPORT Plus – Aneurin Bevan University Health Board – http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/866/page/85497
- SUPPORT Plus – Apps & Books – http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/866/page/87557
FOR AFTER LOCKDOWN: